Sunday, December 6, 2009

Evolution

As this blogging venture of mine continues to evolve, I am starting to learn more about the things necessary to be successful in getting people's attention in the online marketplace.

I am very committed to my stated cause - examine why our country does not place more emphasis on national service and the effect this is having on our society.

So, I will continue to make changes as we move along together in this endeavor.

First - we're going to expand our reach through other areas of social media - FACEBOOK and TWITTER.

The FACEBOOK page is already set up as referenced on the left-hand side on the blog's home page. But we're going start using it more, maybe posting pictures, maybe even get involved with graphics or charts to illustrate my points. At least that's my hope that we can reach that level of output in the future. We'll have to see.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-Navarro-One-Team-One-Fight/151096666769

As for TWITTER, the goal here is to start sending out tweets during the course of the day. I will be reacting to current events as it relates to national service, military affairs and whatever else I think is relevant.

Also, I hope TWITTER will allow people to interact with me as we argue back and forth about service and what it means for our country.

Here is the link for the TWITTER account if you want to start following me and get in on the discussion:

http://twitter.com/oneteamonefight

So, that's it for now. I hope everyone will stick with me as I develop these sites and continue to talk about why I think everyone should sacrifice for others.

btw - I'll leave you with this nugget...did you know that in his speech to the cadets up at West Point, President Obama referenced himself 44 times. Guess how many times he uttered the words "win" or "victory"?

That's right - ZERO.

This reminded me of when I had to stand in front of my Marines and give them speeches about what we were doing and why we were doing it. The goal was to focus them on the mission at hand, explain how we were going to achieve that goal, why we had to do this, and then, finally inspire them to accomplish the mission.

I found that the best way to do all of this was to galvanize the group as one unit. And the way I did that was never to make myself the focal point of the unit. I may have been in charge. I may have been the one making the ultimate decisions. But the Marines had to buy in to our unit and our cause all at one. They had to believe there was a WE and not an I or a YOU. And they most definitely had to be in accomplishing the mission. That is, they had to believe we could and would achieve VICTORY.

Perhaps one of President Obama's military leaders should've helped him write that speech? (You know, someone who actually knew what it meant to serve.)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

 

Milblogging.com